Home / Broken Fibula Compensation Claims

Broken Fibula Compensation Claims

Who is liable for broken fibula compensation claims that happened outside of a supermarket? I tripped over a cracked pavement stone breaking my leg, but I’m not sure if the supermarket or local council is responsible.

Liability for broken fibula compensation claims will be assigned to those who were responsible for the upkeep of the pavement on which your accident occurred. It is easy for such an injury to occur with window displays distracting shoppers from where they are walking, making it more likely for shoppers to suffer an accident. Particularly in busy areas the identification of such dangers should be done quickly, and warning signs placed around a hazard until it is fixed.

If the local council own the pavement which caused your injury, they could be responsible for any broken fibula compensation claims. They have a responsibility to ensure that areas that are in disrepair are promptly fixed and to ensure that the public are not at risk of sustaining an injury. If the council fail to make repairs to a known hazard within a reasonable space of time, they can be held liable for your injuries due to their negligence to prevent an injury occurring. In this case, you are advised to consult a personal injury* solicitor in order to determine your entitlement to compensation.

However the possibility remains that liability for broken fibula compensation claims lies with the supermarket rather than the council. This will depend on the exact location of where the accident occurred. The leasehold of buildings often includes the front area, and if this is the situation the supermarket may be responsible for the upkeep of the pavement in front. In order to determine who is liable for your injury in this situation, it is necessary to examine the boundaries of the leasehold.

Before initiating a claim for compensation, it should be noted that it may be challenged by the local authority or supermarket that was liable for your accident and injury. Because of this a personal injury* solicitor should be consulted in order to build a strong case for your claim. A solicitor can help determine which party is liable for your injury, the amount of compensation to which you may be entitled and whether your claim is worth pursuing. It should be remembered that a time limit of three years will apply to your claim to compensation as per the statute of limitations. As a claim may take some time to prepare, you are advised to consult a personal injury* solicitor at the earliest opportunity if you suspect you have valid broken fibula compensation claims.