Tuesday , December 11 2018
Home / Child Injury Claims / Girl to get Electric Shock Compensation after Holiday Accident

Girl to get Electric Shock Compensation after Holiday Accident

A teenage girl, who received a powerful electric shock from a poolside shower while she was on holiday in Kenya, is to receive 27,100 pounds in electric shock compensation from the travel firm through which the holiday was booked.

Alexandra Miles (15) from Maidstone in Kent was on holiday with family at the Kilifi Bay Resort in April 2005, when she put her hand on the switch to turn the shower on and received a 240 volt electric shock which left her temporarily paralysed.

Investigations into how Alexandra temporarily lost all feeling in her left arm and right leg revealed that power cables ran underneath the metal shower tray, and that Alexandra completed the circuit when she turned the switch while standing in the tray.

Alexandra´s mother sought personal injury compensation on behalf of her daughter from First Choice Holidays – the company through which the family had booked their holidays – and, in an out-of-court settlement, First Choice Holidays agreed to pay 27,100 pounds in electric shock compensation to Alexandra.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *